The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Savannah and Waiting in the Rain


Today we have been sitting around watching it rain. Kathie did the laundry and worked on her thesis, James helped with the laundry and read and I waited for the repair guy to come by. He still hasn't. The batteries in the trailer are not charging and everything is controlled by the 12 volt system, the fridge, air conditioner have 12 controls and all of the lights and fans are 12 volt. Last night the batteries were down to 9 volts which is not good enough to run anything. This morning I took the control panel apart and jiggled some wires and it started working again, but I want someone who knows what they are doing to check out things.

So here are some pictures that I took in Savannah.

This was inside the Pink House Restaurant - a Ken Beazley inspired shot.



This picture is the holes in the floor in the First African Baptist Church. The congregation were part of the Underground Railroad and under the floor was a 4 foot high space where they could hide slaves that had escaped and were headed to New Brunswick and freedom.




Today was another great day sort of - I just changed out of my shorts into my jeans but I did that after sitting in the hot tub for awhile.

This evening the campsite owners are have a pig & chicken roast / pot luck. We are going over in a little while with our contribution and to eat our share of slow roasted pork.


No comments:

Post a Comment