The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day to Relax and Plan - Pictures

We took the day off today. We went shopping and spent the rest of the day around the campsite. We also planned our next week or so.

The other day when we were in Texarkana there were some old barns and houses within walking distance:


On the road by the building was a dead rattle snake. And you wonder why I prefer to wear boots and jeans when out taking pictures.

Down the highway about a kilometre was another old house and barn:




On the way down there was another dead rattle snake, so I walked down the paved shoulder of the road instead walking through the grass in the road allowance.

When I got back to the trailer I took this picture. Later that night we were in the tornado watch area.


I have been watching the tornado warnings since we got to Tennessee. I checked them before we got to Texarkana and the forecast for that area was sitting at a risk rating of 2 (out of 10). A 2 rating says - "Very low chance of tornado, but hail and / or strong wind gusts possible". You can imagine my dismay when I got up the next morning and the risk rating had jumped to 6 (moderate risk of a tornado). We now have figured out the weather radio system and will use that if we run into this kind of weather again - probably tomorrow.

This old house I got awhile back when we were in Georgia.


The weather here is cooler, about 15 today, but breezy. Most of the day was sunny but late in the afternoon there was another thunder storm with a chance of a weak tornado and hail.

No comments:

Post a Comment