The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Catch Up Day

Happy Birthday Mandell (a day late).

Today was a catch-up day. When we drove through Alabama on our way east I went to the Pensacola Air Museum instead of going back to Alabama and taking pictures. Then the weather forecast said it was going to get nasty in the area and we took off south. Today we are in Georgia on the boarder with Tennessee and we are about 30 miles from the Alabama boarder. Today was my day to get my pictures of Alabama. They will get posted tomorrow.

Today was also the day to get the oil changed and get a tire fixed. Yes we had another one go on us. At every coffee and lunch stop James takes the temperature of all of the tires. One of the trailers tires was consistently much hotter than the other tires. It was down about 30 pounds - so we pumped it up using a bicycle hand pump - that took a while. We started looking for air to pump up the tires at gas stations along the way - we did not see any - how do people inflate their tires these days - especially trailer tires?

The next day it was down again - so I pumped it up. At the end of the travel day, James and I swapped it out for one of the spares. It turns out we had picked up a screw. The place I went to, Mack Smith Tires in Rossville, was about a mile from the campsite and they also did my oil change so it was very handy and saved me from driving into Chattanooga. I will be picking up a compressor for the trailer so I don't have to pump them up by hand again.

It was very nice here today in the upper 70's.

Tomorrow we will move up to Nashville and I will get some pictures of Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment