The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Friday, March 16, 2012

More Elvis - I miss Steve

This morning we spent watching a thunder and lightning show that went on for several hours. We had rain with periods of heavy rain. The forecast said it would clear up this afternoon so we watched from the the show from the trailer. One of the strikes was close enough to vibrate all of the windows in the trailer. Graceland is within walking distance and we can see the parking lot from the trailer so it did not make any sense to drive, walking in the lightning storm made even less sense.

While the storm was going on I decided to go to the local barber and have my hair cut. Most of the people living around here have different hair than I do. I don't think the haircut is that bad. Kathie has requested that I wear my hat until my hair grows out. I am going to go with James's strategy from now on - get it trimmed so I can grow it long and not have to worry about getting it cut on the road. Steve is my barber.

We went to the Elvis memorial this afternoon. We toured Graceland, two of his planes, his automobile museum and saw a couple of videos of him in concert. We saw where they broadcast the Elvis radio station from. The most impressive part of the displays was the gold records and other awards he received. There were rooms filled with gold records, grammy award nominations, international awards. The Stutz Blackhawk in the automobile museum was also interesting.

The sun has broken out and it is still warm. It was 20 celsius when we got up this morning, so sandals and shorts for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment