The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Easy Driving & Nature Pictures

Today's drive from Amarillo, Texas to Roswell, New Mexico was an easy drive. There was little or no wind and very little traffic. The highway was divided and smooth for the most part. It was like sitting in an easy chair, listening to music, watching the scenery go by at 100K. In Texas we were driving by huge stock yards. The dirt has changed colour from red to orange.

In New Mexico the scenery gradually changed cattle country to desert.

The campsite we stayed in in Amarillo was the old Route 66. Here is the sunset on Route 66 from the other night.


These next couple of pictures I got today at the Bitter Lake Wildlife Refuge just outside of Roswell. As far as I can tell these are of a White Faced Ibis. I can't see the white face.



I was going through my pictures the other day and found this picture that I took when we were in Florida. This is a Redish Egret.


After we got set up I went out and took some pictures of a broken home we had seen on the way into town. Can you guess what this building was. It was behind the main building.


This was an outhouse.

It was very warm here today. It was over 30 so walking around in my boots and jeans got very hot but there are warnings about rattle snakes where ever we go so I am better off being too hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment