The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Monday, August 15, 2011

Sault Ste Marie

We are in Sault Ste Marie today.  The Ontario side.  Sault Ste Marie, Michigan is across the bridge.   I'm hoping to see both sides briefly tomorrow.

The drive along Lake Superior was a little disappointing.  When you could see the lake, it was beautiful, but it is a little along the same lines as the Washington "Coast" Highway where your view is mostly trees with the occasional glimpse of water.  The hills - that we were warned about - are not very big when you are used to driving in BC.  But I guess if you're from the Prairies they are long and high.

I read an article today that called what I am doing a worliday (work and holiday combined).  I kinda like that expression.  One of my professors said I put the "gu astar" in distance education, which I also liked.  Most of the comments on the article complained that taking work on your vacation was a bad thing.  But I figure I am taking my vacation to my work.  I can travel where we want and still have access to my students.

Mobile learning is the latest research area that we (distance educators) are all looking at.  I think the fact that we can travel and work, or learn, increases our options - not decreases them.  If you get to travel 52 weeks a year instead of 2 or 3, I think that makes it a pretty great worliday.



No comments:

Post a Comment