The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Highways, byways, pictures, software and birthdays

Happy 50th to my sister-in-law.

So I have driving down Highway 16 the last couple of days and for miles at a time the white line is the edge of the road and then there is a 4 inch drop or so onto a gravel shoulder. Knowing that a small mistake could drop the wheels of the trailer over the edge of the road keeps one's attention but it gets tiring after a while.

When we moved south to the TransCanada (Highway 1) I though it would get better. Was I ever mistaken. At least in Manitoba the situation on the road is the same, but we have two lanes and semi's to deal with. Now I am watching the mirror on my right - how close are the trailer tires to the white line and the mirror on the left that shows me where the semi that is passing me is. The busses are the worst they are usually at least 15 k over the speed limit and the flat front pushes the trailer out of the way as they pass.

We had a great visit with our nephew Terry and his wife Natalie on their 8 acre farm not far from Shilo Manitoba yesterday.

In a number of places that we have been this year I have not been able to get the whole picture I wanted in the frame. The Salmon Glacier is a prime example of this. So I bought software that will allow me to stitch the images together.

Below are some early results:

The Salmon Glacier -


I think this is Spirit Lake between Carcross and Skagway. I will correct the name if I am wrong.




No comments:

Post a Comment