The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Thursday, August 11, 2011

My 2 favorite things, math and storms

Sorry it has taken me so long to post again, I just didn't feel like it at the last site, which was nice by the way, nice and huge.  Not only was it big it was also shady, bad wifi is the only downside to the entire campsite.  In excess of 250 sites which are more than twice as large as a lot of the sites we have stayed in, right near an amusement park.  It had a pool and at least two playgrounds.  

Today we went past the geographical center of Canada, I guess that means we are a quarter of the way through the first loop of our trip, we started on the second and it is the eleventh of the next month so that is 41 days to this point that means this trip will (in theory) last 164 days total that means we should be home on November 12. Math is fun.

Today's site is spacious almost as much as the last, it is a family run establishment as far as we can tell. I say it is family run because a little kid driving a golf cart showed us to our site and the person at the reception desk looked like she could be his sister, she definitely wasn't out of her teens. Best of all about this campsite is that there is a thunder storm, I like what most people call gloomy weather, I've said that before but I really really like storms. And the one right here right now (as I am writing this) is a big one, with lightning strike frequently and often less than four seconds before the thunder if you can here it over the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment