The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Friday, August 5, 2011

A run and some luck

So Saskatoon has a river walk where there are paths down both sides of the river and they go on for miles. I have not run much lately but I am trying to get back into it, so we went to the river walk so I could run (more like a fast walk) and Kathie and James could walk. The run went well considering it is only the second run in 4 years.

So when we checked in to the campsite we asked what was going on. The person at the said "oh, there is an airshow this weekend but you are only checked in until Friday". "We might change that" came out of my mouth.

The great thing about airshows on the weekend is they have to practice on Friday. When we got back to the campsite after the run there was a jet doing it's practice runs for the weekend shows. The stadium they are flying over is just north of us so I got to see the practice runs. At one point the jet (below) flew so close I could not get the whole plane in the frame. He was also causing me to run around my tripod as I whipped the camera 180 degrees.




The Snowbirds are also here. The long lens is great, I could get individual jets in the frame but there are no group shots.



In the open field between the stadium and where I was standing a Northern Harrier was hunting:


I had my fun today I will have to make sure Kathie and James get to have their fun in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment