The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Sunday, June 17, 2012

South Dakota Pictures

The other evening a jet flew over with quite a roar.  I got my camera and got a picture of the silhouette.  It was funny looking.  It had narrow wings that stuck straight out.  I sent the pictures to a friend who ID'ed it for me - It was a B1 bomber.

On our way back from Deadwood we stopped by the South Dakota Air and Space Museum and what was parked in front but a B-1B Bomber.






This is the control panel from the B1 flight simulator - makes driving the truck look easy.



Part of the display in the museum was a control room for the ICBM's that were/are(?) housed in the sourounding area during the cold war.

On my way out to take pictures early this morning, I passed a convoy of Hummers.  Most of them had a soldier sitting up in the gun turret with his had on the gun.  Maybe they are looking for the person who reported seeing the Presidents plane take off from Edwards a few months ago.




While we were in Deadwood there was a DuckDog Competition.  The handler throws the ball into the pool and the dog leaps into the pool and the dog is marked on how far he jumps into the pool.  Some of the distances were over 20 feet.  The picture below is one of the junior handlers with the dog in mid air and the ball is high in the picture.



 Here is my latest image.  I was up very early this morning (before 6) and I drove down to Nebraska.  I was gone for 4 or more hours hunting for barns - it took me a while but I did find one there.  This one is about a mile from our campsite.  I wish they were this easy to find.
















No comments:

Post a Comment