The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Monday, June 11, 2012

Dogs and Easy Barn Hunting

We have stayed with Terry and Natalie at their farm for the last couple of days.  I knew they had a couple of big dogs that protect the farm animals from the various predators in the area.  The farm yard is also protected by an electric fence.  When we arrived we just let Kody out and he went to say "Hi" to Terry's dogs.  He jumped through the fence and greeted the dogs.  They weren't that happy to see him and there was some growling and we called Kody back and he jumped through the fence again.  The other dogs would not go near the fence because if you touch it you get quite a jolt.  We with think Kody did not feel the jolt because of his thick coat and maybe because when he touched the fence (if he actually touched it) all 4 feet were off the ground.

It has been great staying here.  I asked about old barns and farm houses in the area and I was given a map of the area with hand drawn barns where the old ones were.  

I drove north down one road and got a series of pictures, drove west down another road got some more, drove south and got some more.  I ended up driving in a big circle and got a number of good shots all inside of 3 hours.  That was way easier that what I normally end up doing, because I have drive around hunting for the barns not knowing where they are, it would take me much longer and I might only get two barns.  One time in Winnipeg I spent the better part of a day without seeing anything worthwhile.

This is the "spooky" house as described by Natalie.


This one is another spooky looking house but James thinks it looks like a happy face.



This was at the side of the road in Parkbeg Saskatchewan.  James and I drove by it and we turned around to get the pictures.  Of course it wasn't that easy.  There was no place to turn around for 5 miles or so and we ended up on a very bumpy gravel side road towing the trailer.




No comments:

Post a Comment