The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Friday, June 8, 2012

Rest Day

Today was a rest day for James and I.  Kathie was in Edmonton doing her presentation at the RIDES Conference and we were going to move to Regina.  When I checked out the comments on campsites there were a number of complaints about all of the campsites.  The one we have chosen to stay at has issues with their WIFI.  Since the WIFI here is not bad we stayed here an extra day.

It was nice to "sit around" for a day after driving 2,000K in the last 5 days.

While I was sitting around I started working on some pictures that I took when we were in Lethbridge.  The first two are of the bridge in Lethbridge.  It is a high level bridge and is the longest / highest in the world.  I took the pictures from the entrance to the campsite.  It is over a mile long.




Here is another picture of the Prince of Wales hotel in Waterton.


In the campsite we are staying at there is an old truck.  It is old enough that it has wooden spoked wheels so I think that would mean it was made in the 1920's or before.  The truck has not moved in some time as the gravel  has covered the wheels.  Someone must have thought the steering wheel was worth something because they cut the spokes to take the wheel.  The seat must have sat on the gas tank - the seats are gone but the tank is still there.

I was playing around with the images is some of the software I have and here are some of the results.




No comments:

Post a Comment