The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cedar Key

I got this picture of James when I was out today taking pictures and James was out for a walk.


We went into Cedar Key today. It is a quiet out of the way town about a mile from where we are staying. The closest shopping centre is about 30K away. The main industries are fishing and tourism. There is a small grocery store, 15 or more restaurants, boutique hotels and several gift shops. We are right on the Gulf of Mexico so some of the restaurants and hotels are built on pilings over the water.

It is very laid back here and if we could we would stay for longer.

I went out taking pictures today. My first stop was the beach in the campsite. I was told when I got there that I had missed the Ospreys. The Ospreys came back a few minutes later.


I had actually gone down to take a picture of this boat.


While Kathie and I were in town I noticed this ramshackle building so that was my main reason for going into town.



There is a new fishing pier and a number of other old wooden piers in the area. I spent some time watching the pelicans.



Heading off to see Aunt Mary and MaryLou in St. Petersburg tomorrow and the next few days, then to the Kennedy Space Centre and Daytona is next week as well and we will be just south of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment