The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Say good-bye to Cooperstown


We leave Cooperstown tomorrow for points south. We had a blast at the Baseball Hall of Fame. We spent a good deal of time in the gift shop and in the ShoeLess Joe's shop across the street. They are trying to get ShoeLess Joe Jackson re-instated into the Hall. He and Pete Rose should be there.

Now that baseball's regular season has come to an end the battle will be on with Kathie routing for Tony LaRussa's team (St Louis Cardinals) and me routing for Roy Halladay's team (Philadelphia Phillies) and both of us routing against the Yankees.

We have had some really heavy rain while we have been here. Our site just starts to dry up and then more rain comes. In the middle of the night there was a huge flash of lightning. My eyes were closed and it lit up the inside of my eyelids - it was of course followed by heavy rain. It was also raining when we came out of the Hall. I went to get the truck and on my way there was a huge flash over my head and an immediate snap and boom. I wasn't too worried because I was walking under a row of trees.

Here are some more pictures.

This one is a house in Maine not far from where we were staying.


These next two I got in Rhode Island.

Fall is nearly here - the leaves are just starting to turn colours.


John Milner rides again.


No comments:

Post a Comment