The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Old gods, old fashions and good old lady luck

Hale fellow practicioners of the Internet, it has been long since I came to here with tales vast and tales true, and for that I am sorry but it is hard to write about every site we stay at when we travel daily. Today's site is grassy and open, by choice, there is some forested sites but they don't have a view like our site does, and we have full hookups of course, after Kathrines everything we want empty was full and everything we want full was empty so we kind of need them.

This next part is an update on the accessories in my wardrobe, eesh you guys will think I'm a girl, luckily there are only two. #1 something I forgot to mention in my last post is that at the store I bought a necklace. Something that I have noticed among people is that each person tends to prefer one type of jewelry, with my mom it is earrings, my friend Kattie likes rings (you'd better pay attention to that Bryan), while I like necklaces. This necklace is called a Wolf's Cross and was worn by both christian and pagan Vikings in the eleventh century. Reading the pamphlet on the different necklaces they sell at the Viking place (where I got the info above, to the pagans it was suposedly an indirect representation of Fennire, one of Loki's children, a wolf if you couldn't guess, holding Thor's hammer Mjolnir). From that pamphlet I decided that if I ever go back that I would get Urnes Snakes instead because it represents the god Loki and his shape changing powers and his trickery, two of my favorite things. #2 as many of you know I have been looking for a pocket watch, preferably without design on the front but I was finding that impossible so as we were looking through the Celtic gift-shop today my parents pointed them out to me, they had designs on them but at least they were Celtic designs. So I'm looking through preferring the $80 dollar ones to the $55 not for the fact that they were see through but for the fact that they had roman numerals, and I'm looking at them and I notice that the front design that was my second my second favorite, in the roman numeral version was only $55 so I asked the store lady why it was so much cheaper, thinking that it was because the design on the front was less complicated, and she says "oh that is because someone put it back in the wrong box, so you're going to get a really good deal on that one, so I got an $80 watch for 55, as my parents say "I got horseshoes, man"

No comments:

Post a Comment