The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Nerd, nerds and history

Hi everyone, sorry it took so long for me to post again. So I guess I'll start with the last few sites we stayed at for the past few nights. When we arrived on Newfoundland we stayed at grand codroy which had nice sites and great wifi. The next place, gates of the north, was also nice and even if the wifi wasn't good, which it was, there was another 7 to choose from. The final place we stayed at, country inn rv park, was horrible it had some nice site but none of them available so we ended up in a parking (<- auto-corrected 3 times without getting the right word) lot and the showers had fungus in them and only the nice sites got non super flaky wifi. Now we are staying at pipi park in st. Johns which is nice, with beautiful sites that seem like provincial park sites except for the price and although they say the wifi is free it costs $10, let me explain the sites that the wifi is in cost $5 more than other sites and they don't have trees in the, in my opinion $10 is a low estimate when choosing between trees and a gravel road with a lawn.

Yesterday in st. Johns we found a nerd store called Sword and Steele which was great, they had magic the gathering, warhammer, D&D, comics (but unfortunately no manga) and dice. The reason I mention the dice is because I am obsessed with dice and these people had some from a metal smith somewhere in the states, they bought out a month of his work making dice, and these dice are awesome with strange patterns for numbers and decretive indents and bulges throughout. The warhammer tournament I came for never happened but I got a great conversation with the store girl since for most of it no one was there plus I bought a D&D book which always makes me rather happy.

Other than that we went up to signal hill, which was a cool historical place with so much wind it reminded me of home. It was kinda like fort rod hill but smaller. Did you know they only used one gun to defend the harbor in st. Johns in WWI. Signal hill is a good name for it because you could see flag signals for miles around.

Until next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment