The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Friday, July 29, 2011

Where is that light coming from and the Great White Hunter Dog


Well it has been a few days since I posted so you know that I was told I had to post.


Here is a picture of the participants in Christmas in July (taken with my camera but not by me).

We moved to Terrace and then onto Vanderhoof and Ft St James. We toured the old fort and the pictures below are James and Kathie practicing their hunting skills using native weapons of the 1800's (except the bow and arrow were fiberglas).


As you can see in the last picture of Stuart Lake from the fort the rain is still following us.

From Vanderhoof we drove to Jasper. The morning in Jasper the sun was shining and the inside of the trailer was quite bright thus part of the title of the post.

That morning I was getting ready to walk the dogs and was putting on my boots sitting in the doorway of the trailer. Kody my big dog came to see what I was doing. He was looking over my shoulder when a tree squirrel ran through our campsite. I did not see it, but Kody did, all I felt was a brush of something on my right shoulder, Kody had jumped over me and he was off chasing the squirrel until he treed it and then he was trying to figure out a way to climb the tree. He was strutting around like he had just treed a bear (thus the Great White Hunter Dog).

We have moved onto Edmonton to visit family and are looking to get some work done on the trailer. One tire is wearing unevenly (axle alignment?) and another has a crack in it so we might be here a little longer than we thought - it is a long weekend here.




No comments:

Post a Comment