The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The old home town

For those who keep track of this blog and those I met in Smithers I apologize for the late posting but I've been busy since then. The first day afterwards I spent 4 or 5 hours working on my iPad on the chemistry assignment that I had to do. The second day I was jamming (as in making jam) with my auntie Sylvia and waiting for my chem teacher to call so I could figure out how to write the equations so that I could get full marks, which is different than how my chem 11 teacher taught me. The third day my chem 12 teacher actually called and I spent most of the morning talking to him, mainly about chemistry but some about books that I should read, I was quite happy to meet another bookworm. And for all you people out there who think bookworm is another word for English major it isn't, just look at this post my grammar is appalling.

So days ago I went to Smithers and met a bunch of people who I had never seen before. They all knew who I was right off the bat because of my parents, and the fact that I met them when I was about 3 but who is going to remember random adults from back then. A few of the people were from the accounting company VanderGaag and Bakker, which if we (my family) had stayed in Smithers may have been VanderGaag, Bakker and Ross. Just before we met my mom's old colleges we saw one of my old friend's mother, and we agreed to see them by the end of the day, which was fine by me, I wanted to see them anyway. After that we went off to see my old daycare, and I got to see where I was left as a child while my parents went off to work. According to aunty Lisa, the person who runs the daycare, I followed Skeena around in daycare, according to my mom I followed Emily around in grade 1, so I guess I had a thing for redheads when I was that young.

Now onto my friends from way back when, Skeena and Sage, and their parents and little sister that I never knew (she was born just after I moved away). We (as in me, my parents, the three sisters and their parents) had a pretty long conversation about whatever came, until the younger generation got bored and left to the other room to look at the chinchillas. I had a good time there even if there was less reminiscing and more talk of music than I thought there would be.

Now because it is my job, the campsite is like all provincial parks nice and forested with a paved road but no hookups, with one major difference, nice showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment