The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Saving The Best For Last

 Today was another barn hunting day.  Over the last year (and 1 day) we have traveled through 10 provinces, a territory and 49 states.  During that time I have taken pictures of old barns and houses in each of those provinces or states.  Today I completed the task of getting pictures of North America's old barns and farm houses.

The last state was Ohio and this barn was perfect.  It was still standing but barely there.  There are actually 2 barns here.  You can see the roof of the second one that has collapsed.  I was going to try to get a closer shot but there was a No Trespassing sign.  The barns were so good and it was my last state so I thought about trying to get closer anyway.  I thought the house at the front was abandoned.  Then a large paw stretched out through the railings of the porch.  I put the telephoto on and took the pictures.



Ohio Barn

 Across the street from that one there was another farm that had been abandoned.  There had been a fire in the farm house and the rest of the building had been left to rot.  There were two large barns and some other out building but I like this one the best.





Another Ohio Barn

On my way back I found some other barns in Indiana.  This one is just starting to lean.


Indiana Barn

Now I have to start working on my book with all of the images.


This is the theatre truck that I wrote about last night.  They will be in the July 4th parade tomorrow and then they will set up and show their movie to the crowds over the weekend.  



With any luck I will get some shots of the practice sessions for the air show before we leave.


We have been watching the weather quite a bit lately.  We would like the trade the west coast about 10 degrees Celsius.  That would drop us to about 26 and would get them about 26 as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment