The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Today was a good day.  I wanted to stay here in Sidney because Colorado is only about 10 miles south of here and I could cover 2 states quite easily.  The fact that Cabela's is a stones throw from the campground had no effect on my decision.  I drove down to Colorado looking for barns and other things to take pictures of.  I found a number of barns and old farmsteads both in Colorado and Nebraska.  

So the good part - the first picture is our map - now filled in except for northern Canada.  That will be another trip.  The other good part is one of the barns from today.






The bad part is the smoke from the fires in Colorado.  The blue sky is a dirty blue not the really nice blue we are used to seeing in this area.

Now for the ugly part - here is a picture of the warnings on the campground door office.



No comments:

Post a Comment