The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

More Hunting For Barns & Pony Express

Today was spent hunting out more barns.  I already have pictures from Nebraska and Kansas but I wanted more.  So I went south from our campsite in Lincoln Nebraska and took some smaller highways and gravel roads and ended up in Kansas.  I found a few barns along the way. 

The first two pictures are from Kansas.






This one I got in Nebraska a couple of hundred metres north of the Kansas border.



 This is what is left of an old windmill at an abandoned homestead.

\\

To get to Kansas I had to tell Ouija (Sacagawea / WeeGee) our Garmin GPS an approximate area to head to.  I chose Marysville Kansas which was just across the border.  When I got there there were signs all over the city pointing to the original Pony Express barn.  In addition, one the highways was part of the original Lewis and Clark Trail (Sacagawea was a guide for Lewis and Clark).

This is a plaque from the side of the Pony Express Barn.





No comments:

Post a Comment