The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Friday, October 21, 2011

Tire Update Plus

Since we have been having problems with tires this trip I thought I would take a good look at all the tires. The one in front of the tire that blew looked like it might be separating. There is a crack / cut about 10 inches long where the tread meets the sidewall

I took the tire that blew yesterday to the local Fountain Tire and they suggested that the blow-out was caused by low inflation. Since it had just been installed by Camping World I was not happy. In addition, they would not warranty the tire - they took the tire to check it out. It had a nail hole in it so I guess it lost the pressure and running on the rim caused it to blow apart.

While they were mounting the new tire I bought a 6 ton jack, went back to the trailer and got the other tire and took it in. The owner / manager did not think it was separating (he thought road debris had cut the tire) but I bought a new tire anyway. I have kept that tire and will have it mounted as my second spare. The trailer will look different with two spare tires mounted on the back bumper.

Since we are near the end of our trip I have a quick quiz.

1) How many tires have we bought this trip?
2) How many live moose did we see?
3) How many states did we go through?

Leave a comment if you think you know the answers.

Kathie is at her conference tonight, Saturday and Sunday morning and we will be headed home on Sunday afternoon.

It is cool here and windy with a forecast of mixed rain and snow for tonight and for the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment