The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Friday, October 14, 2011

Wyoming, Utah, Idaho

The last night we were in Greeley Colorado it was a full moon. The skies were clear so here is what the moon looks like from here.



We left Greeley and started our drive across the Rockies. The first rest stop in Wyoming had 8 inches of snow last weekend and you can see the remnants below.


We stopped at another rest stop for lunch and this was the notice posted on the fence.


We decided to keep the dogs close.

The campsite in Rock Springs, Wyoming was a gravel parking lot with hook-ups. It is also really flat around there.




There was a heavy frost on the ground this morning.

The drive today was easy, no wind, generally down hill (we dropped about 2000 feed over the day) and the speed limit is 75 mph or 122 kph. With the speed limit that high I drive to my exhaust gas temperature gauge so I don't melt my pistons. This meant we were doing about 110k so my milage really suffered but I kept up with the semi's (which is safer than having them pass you all the time).

I watched two different semi's suffer tire failures so I don't follow too closely. Dodging tire carcasses in the middle of the lane at over 100 kph can be tricky.

We drove in 3 different states today. Last year we did the same 3 states in a day but in a different order.

When we got here, Eden Idaho, it was 24 degrees with more of the same forecast for tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment