The completed trip

The completed trip
49 states, 10 provinces and a territory

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Red Tails

The theatre semi was in the July 4th parade in Angola and their intention was to come back to the airport and set but it was over 37 degrees so they put it off until the evening. When I went over at 8 they were just starting to set up, I offered to help but they have a routine that does not need a third person. They did invite me back to see the movie once they set up.

They were nearly finished at 10 and setup the movie for me to watch. I was the only one in the theatre - "sit where you want". I got to watch the 1/2 hour documentary. At the end I was given some Red Tails dog tags and some brochures. What a blast.

We moved west today to eastern Illinios and to yet another time zone. Our GPS (Weegee) took us down some country roads today. We were trying to avoid the traffic of Chicago and the main roads all go towards there. When we go to our choosen campground there was no one around and so it was on to the next one.

It is like the worlds biggest sauna here. The temperature is close to 40 every day. It is 26 when we get up and 30 by 10:00. We are travelling short days right now, around 3 hours to lessen the effect of the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment